On 18th Jan. 2023, National Medical Products Administration of China (NMPA) published a notification on simplifying normal cosmetic products tests requirement for record filling procedure. This notification measure is enforced from the date of publication.
According to the notification, those normal cosmetic products which adopt inspection as quality control measures and the production process has been included in the daily supervision of Provincial Medical Products Departments, the inspection report issued by the cosmetics filing party or the entrusted manufacturer that conducts self-inspection in accordance with the relevant requirements of the cosmetics technical specification can be submitted. Except for one of the following situations:
The product claims to be used by infants and children.
The product uses new cosmetic raw materials that are still under safety monitoring.
The product claims to have effects such as acne removal, nourishment, repair, anti-wrinkle, dandruff removal, and deodorization.
Other situations where the product may have relatively high safety risks.
When submitting a self-inspection report when the product is filed, the filing party should also submit a statement of the corresponding inspection capabilities for the cosmetics filing inspection stipulated in the "Cosmetics Registration and Filing Inspection Work Specification", and provide the corresponding inspection personnel, equipment, facilities, and site environment for self-inspection.
For more China REACH and cosmetic compliance information, please contact GPC via firstname.lastname@example.org.
On 12 Jan. 2023, National Medical Products Administration of China (NMPA) published the final Measures for the Administration of Sampling and Testing of Cosmetics. This new rule will come into force from 1 Mar. 2023.
According to the new rule, the following cosmetic products will be the key products of sampling and testing:
(1) Children's cosmetics and special cosmetics.
(2) Cosmetics using new raw materials.
(3) Many problems are found in supervision and inspection, case investigation, adverse reaction monitoring, safety risk monitoring, complaints and reporting, and public opinion monitoring process.
(4) The unqualified rate of previous sampling inspections was relatively high.
(5) Those with a wide range of circulation and high frequency of use.
(6) Other products with relatively high safety risks.
But if cosmetic products meet the following situations, then it can be exempted from sampling and testing requirement:
(1) The product is only for export.
(2) The product has been opened, damaged or contaminated, which may affect the inspection results.
(3) The remaining validity period of the product is less than 6 months, except for products with a validity period less than 6 months.
Overseas manufactures who exported their cosmetic products to China shall ask their Chinese agent to help them with the sampling and testing requirement which will be enforced from 1 Mar 2023. For more cosmetic and REACH compliance in China, please contact GPC via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Product Compliance (GPC) specializes in Global Regulatory Compliance Solutions across sectors
globally. SSS Europe, a familiar name in chemical regulatory and compliance services now formally belongs
under the umbrella of GPC Holding Sweden.
Since 2008, we have emerged as one of the leading names among Global Regulatory Compliance Service
Providers with Representation services in Europe, Asia and Middle East for respective chemical