Eurasian Economic Union members; Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Russia created a common Technical regulation 041/2017 "On chemical product safety" (inofficially called Eurasia REACH).
This technical regulation introduces new requirements to chemical products handled in the territory of the Eurasian Economic Union, as well as rules for conformity assessment, identiﬁcation, notiﬁcation, classiﬁcation, marking and labeling.
The second tier/part of the regulation, containing clarifications and dates for pre-registration and registration was expected to be adopted in 2018, but was postponed. As per 2022, there are still no updates on when the regulation might be implemented.
The compliance assessment with the requirements of the TR 041 is carried out in one of the following ways:
The registration certificate is provided online and has no expiration date.
NOTE: The permissive registration is valid for 5 years ( If the product complies with the TR 041 and the resposible institution has no remarks, the permission is automatically prolonged after 5 years)
1. Chemical products intended for scientific research work.
2. Minerals in a state of occurrence, as well as the following products, if they have not been chemically modified: minerals, ores, ore concentrates, cement clinker, natural gas, liquefied gas, gas condensate, process gas and its components, dehydrated, desalted and stabilized oil, associated petroleum gas, coal, coke.
3. Medicines and veterinary medicines.
4. Perfume and cosmetic products.
5. Chemical products that are a source of ionizing radiation (including waste from such products), in terms of classification, labelling and communication of the dangers caused by the presence of radiation in it.
6. Food products, including biologically active food additives and nutritional supplements, as well as ready-made feed for animals.
7. Products included in manufactured articles that, being in circulation in the territory of the Russian Federation, do not change their chemical composition and aggregate state, are not susceptible to destruction and oxidation processes, do not generate dust, vapour or aerosols containing hazardous chemical substances having a harmful effect on human life and health, life and health of animals and plants, environment or property.
8. Wastes from the production and consumption of chemical products, if they are subject to utilization (processing).
9. Chemical products subject under transit through the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union.