The Government of the Russian Federation has identified responsible institutions for implementing the Eurasian Technical Regulation 041 (TR 041), an official decree published on 16...
The Government of the Russian Federation has identified responsible institutions for implementing the Eurasian Technical Regulation 041
(TR 041), an official decree published on 16 September 2020. The Ministry of Industry and Trade of Russia and the Agency of Wellbeing and Consumer rights are two government organizations that will be assigned for executing the TR 041.
The Ministry of Industry and Trade of Russia (Minpromtorg) will be the main authorized federal executive body. The major tasks of Minpromtog are: the notification of New Chemical Substances (to be a part of the national inventory).
- To perform notification of new chemical substances by entering information on new chemical substances into the national part of the inventory.
- To perform registration (notification and permissive) of chemical substances based on the documents and information submitted by the applicant, information by Ministry’s expert organization and the conclusion of Agency of Wellbeing and Consumer rights (hereafter referred to as Rospotrebnadzor) in case if chemical products contain new chemical substances;
- Formation and maintenance of the national (Russian) part of the inventory of chemicals and mixtures of the Eurasian Economic Union;
- Representation of interests of the Russian Federation in interaction with international organizations concerning the regulation of chemicals and mixtures.
Rospotrebnadzor has been appointed as the authorized federal executive body to carry out following tasks:
- Notification of new chemicals and providing the corresponding conclusions to the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Russia (Minpromtorg);
- Assessment of New Chemical Substances in terms of their danger to human health and the environment and providing a corresponding conclusion to Minpromtorg.
- To assist (within its competence) the Minpromtorg in implementation of TR 041.
According to the decree, a number of federal executive authorities, such as the Ministry of Natural Resources of Russia, the Ministry of Economic Development of Russia, the Ministry of Agriculture of Russia, the Ministry of Energy of Russia, the Ministry of Health of Russia and Rosstandart, might be involved in the process of implementing TR 041 in the near future. The next step of TR 041 is a ratification of the above services and a finalization of formation of a national part of the inventory in Russia by the end of 2020.