As published on the website of the official gazette, the Turkey cosmetic regulations’ annexes were amended in September. The parts that were amended include:
- Annex 2 (List of forbidden substances)Annex 3 (List of substances that cosmetic products shouldn't contain above determined amount)
- Annex 4 (List of colorants allowed in cosmetic products)
- Annex 5 (List of allowed preservatives in cosmetic products
- Annex 6 (List of UV filters allowed in cosmetic products)
The amendments state that:
- Hair and eyelash dye products that contain Benzene-1,2,4-triol, 6-amino-m-cresol, and 2-((4-amino-2-nitrophenyl)amino)benzoic acid can’t be put into the market anymore (applicable from 3rd of September 2021). According to hazard classification and labeling of ECHA, those substances cause serious eye damage, skin irritation and may cause respiratory irritation. Additionally, products with these substances can stay in the market until the 3rd of June, 2022.
- Products that contain 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate which causes serious eye damage, and 7,7,9-trimethyl-4,13-dioxo-3,14-dioxa-5,12-diazahexadecane-1,16-diyl bismethacrylate which is harmful to aquatic life can’t be sold in the market anymore (applied from 3rd of September 2021). These substances are mainly used in nail products.
To find out more about Turkey cosmetic regulations and for other related inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest update: 2021-10-20