The Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW) in Japan recently designated 4-methylbenzenesulfonic acid as a deleterious substance. This is an industrial substance widely used in coating products, polymers, lubricants, and greases. Most importantly, this restriction starts from April 30.
For manufacturers, importers, and end-users of this substance, you must notify the ministry. This notification also applies to preparations that contain about 5% of the substance. Starting from the application date, notification will also be subjected to the requirements of the Poisonous and Deleterious Substances Control Act, as relevant to the substance notification.
These requirements include:
· business registration by manufacturers, importers, and sellers,
· appointment of qualified personnel to prevent health and hygiene hazards,
· labelling on substance packaging and containers,
· provision of a safety data sheet (SDS),
· record keeping, and
· sound disposal management.
Last Update: 2022-02-08